Citizens of Arlington,
We all enthusiastically support the $4.2 million Hearts to Homes Capital Campaign of the Arlington Life Shelter to bring additional space and services to homeless families, men, women, and their children.
Arlington is a very special community. Over the last 70 years it has grown through visionary leadership and the caring commitment of its citizens. Big things happen here because of the big hearts of Arlington who care and desire a better life for all citizens.
In a City of Kindness, Hearts of Arlington will make things happen.
However, the demand for space and services has outstripped supply as the Shelter is full virtually every night. Many families and women and their children are turned away until a space opens up for them.
We would ask you to look into your Heart and join us in supporting the Hearts to Homes Capital Campaign with a gift from your Heart!
Karen and Mayor Jeff Williams
Linda and Former Mayor Robert Cluck
Sylvia and Former Mayor Richard Greene
Ruby and Former Mayor Elzie Odom
Goal $4.2 million
Help us reach
Total Gifts and Pledges Raised
We need your help to provide:
- Eight family bedrooms- which will increase total shelter capacity to 120 beds
- A commercial kitchen, increasing the size of the kitchen and dining room
- Increased educational and recreational space for children including a secure open air playground
- An employment services lab and interview space
- Space and services for residents to remain in the shelter during the day and on weekends, which they cannot currently do
325 W. Division Street, Arlington, TX 76011