Citizens of Arlington,
We all enthusiastically support the $5.2 million Hearts to Homes Capital Campaign of the Arlington Life Shelter to bring additional space and services to homeless families, men, women, and their children.
Arlington is a very special community. Over the last 70 years it has grown through visionary leadership and the caring commitment of its citizens. Big things happen here because of the big hearts of Arlington who care and desire a better life for all citizens.
In a City of Kindness, Hearts of Arlington will make things happen.
However, the demand for space and services has outstripped supply as the Shelter is full virtually every night. Many families and women and their children are turned away until a space opens up for them.
We would ask you to look into your Heart and join us in supporting the Hearts to Homes Capital Campaign with a gift from your Heart!
Karen and Mayor Jeff Williams
Linda and Former Mayor Robert Cluck
Sylvia and Former Mayor Richard Greene
Ruby and Former Mayor Elzie Odom
Goal $5.2 million
Help us reach
Total Gifts and Pledges Raised
We need your help to provide:
- Seven family bedrooms to support families, women, and children increasing space for 28-35 more individuals.
- Classroom and small meeting room space which will allow other agencies and volunteers to come and provide needed services and programming for our residents including employment information and training.
- Space for residents to remain in the shelter on weekends and daytime when not working to receive even more services and eliminate the need for them to be on the street, in the parks, or businesses.
- A computer lab for training to improve technology skills which can lead to higher paying jobs.
- Expanded programming and space for children including a state-of-the-art, outdoor playground built as the centerpiece of the new building.
- Separate rooms will be available for infants/toddlers, children, and teens.
- Expanded and upgraded kitchen and dining facilities to provide more efficiency in preparing and serving meals to residents.
325 W. Division Street, Arlington, TX 76011